Friday, July 25, 2008

A Nice Suprise

I am constantly learning something new about dogs. Last summer, my vet mentioned that it was possible to have the slides from Penn Hip submitted to OFA. I had Dixie's hips done about 4 years ago through Pen Hip. She came out with a decent rating, so I asked him retrieve those x-rays and send them to OFA. It was a very long and drawn out process, but yesterday I received a nice surprise in the mail. Just when I had pretty much given up hope on ever seeing it materialize, Dixie’s certificate arrived saying that she was OFA Good. I didn't think that OFA would find anything unexpected, but I was still happy to see the positive score. I now just have to wait a week or 2 before it is published on the OFA website. Yay Dixie!

1 comment:

Traci said...

YAHOO! :) That IS a nice surprise! :)