Friday, September 26, 2008

Flower Eater

All summer long, I have been complaining to my husband about my flower pots. I thought that I had managed to buy a bunch of duds this year because they have severely lacked in flowers and have been mostly foliage. Normally, by this time of year, they are thriving and in full bloom. Now, there are always broken leaves, stems and dirt all over my deck too. The squirrels have been known to enjoy planting the nuts from my black walnut trees in my pots, so I thought maybe they were doing it.

Mike was sitting on the back deck the other afternoon and talking to me on the phone. I heard him scold Rush, so I asked why. Mike said, "I just saw him eat 3 blooms off your plants while I have been talking to you."

Ahhh, that explains a lot. Rush now has added a new name to his list of titles. In addition to being my Head Gardener, he is now my Resident Flower Eater too. Munch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly Gardener! Who put the water dishes RIGHT tere? And who planted the rawhide scented flowers this year??? Silly Gardener!!!

Dawn said...

Gosh Mom, he's just deadheading those flowers for you, he's just a little eager....

Dawn said...

Gosh Mom, he's just deadheading those flowers for you, he's just a little eager....

AphotoAday said...

Your pooch is great...
I'd be pulling it's ears a lot if it was mine...
That's what I do to my cat just to torment her...